Quick Guide to Learning Spanish in Mallorca
Tuesday January 17, 2023 | Spanish Language | Posted by studyspanishinspain
Mallorca, one of the Balearic Islands in Spain, is a popular tourist destination and a unique place to learn Spanish in Spain! Mallorca is known for its beautiful beaches, stunning landscapes, rich culture, and great weather. Mallorca a fantastic destination for different types of travelers, whether you’re looking for an action-packed adventure, a relaxing beach holiday, or an opportunity to explore the island’s culture and history while learning Spanish. The Spanish school in capital city Palma de Mallorca is located in a beautiful building in the stunning city center of Palma, just a few minutes from the impressive Seu Cathedral, the most iconic landmarks in Palma.
Why visit Palma de Mallorca?
1. Beaches and coastal scenery
Mallorca is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean, with crystal clear waters, white sands, and stunning coastline. Cala Agulla, Cala Millor and Es Trenc are some examples of beaches you can visit. In addition, The island is home to several natural parks, such as the Archipelago of Cabrera and Parque Natural de s’Albufera de Mallorca, which offer great hiking and outdoor activities opportunities.
2. Culture and history
The island has a rich history dating back to ancient times and is home to a number of historic sites, such as the ancient Talayots and the Roman city of Palma, which gives you an opportunity to explore the island’s past. Palma is also home to several museums, galleries and cultural centers, such as Es Baluard, which showcase the island’s art, culture and heritage.
3. Food and Wine:
Mallorca is a culinary paradise, with a wide variety of local dishes to enjoy, like the traditional “Pa amb oli”, a traditional sandwich made with bread, tomato, oil, and salt. And let’s not forget the wines, specially the wines made with the local grape varieties like Manto Negro and Callet, which you can try at one of the many wineries on the island.
Mallorca boasts a Mediterranean climate, with warm, sunny weather for most of the year, making it a perfect destination for a summer vacation, but also you can visit in Spring or Autumn, as temperatures are still quite mild and pleasant. This means that you can enjoy all the island has to offer, whether you want to hit the beaches, explore the mountains, or take a leisurely stroll through the old town.
What are the best beaches in Palma de Mallorca?
Palma de Mallorca, the capital of the island of Mallorca in Spain, is home to several beautiful beaches. Would you like to go to the beach after your Spanish lessons in Palma de Mallorca? Some of the most popular and highly-rated beaches in the area include:
- Playa de Palma: This is a long, wide beach that stretches for several kilometers to the east of Palma. It’s a popular spot for tourists and locals alike, and it’s well-equipped with sun loungers, parasols, and beach bars. How to get there? You can get to Playa de Palma by taking the number 1, 21, or 25 bus from the center of Palma.
- Cala Mayor: This is a small, sheltered bay just to the west of Palma. The beach is relatively quiet compared to Playa de Palma, and it’s a good spot for swimming and sunbathing. You can get to Cala Mayor by taking the number 3 or 21 bus from the center of Palma.
- Cala Blava: Located in the east side of Palma, this is another quiet spot with crystal clear waters, also good for snorkeling. You can reach it by car or by bus number 21 from Palma.
- Es Trenc: This is one of the most famous beaches on the island, located to the south of the island, about 40-minute drive from Palma. Es Trenc is a long, white sand beach with crystal-clear waters, perfect for swimming and sunbathing. To get there by public transport, you can take bus number A11 from Palma.
Bonus Tip: Cala Formentor, the pearl of Mallorca
Located on the northern coast, Cala Fomentor is the most gorgeous beach of the island also called ‘the pearl of Mallorca’ It offers a spectacular combination of rugged cliffs, white sandy beaches, and crystal-clear waters. This beach is considered one of the most beautiful on the island. You can reach there by car, bus or with a tour from Palma.
There are plenty of other beaches to explore around the island, so it’s worth doing some research to find the one that best suits your preferences. During high-season those beaches can get crowded, specially Es Trenc and Cala Formentor.
What are the highlights of the Palma de Mallorca?
Palma de Mallorca, the capital of the island of Mallorca in Spain, is a beautiful and historic city that offers a wide variety of things to see and do apart from beaches. Some of the highlights to see while learning Spanish in Palma of include:
- La Seu Cathedral: This is one of the most iconic landmarks in Palma, and it’s an absolute must-see. The cathedral is a stunning example of Gothic architecture, and it’s located in the heart of the old town. Inside, you can admire the impressive stained-glass windows and the massive high altar, as well as the treasure of the Cathedral.
- Palma Old Town: The old town of Palma is a maze of narrow streets, charming plazas, and historic buildings. It’s a great place to wander and explore, with plenty of shops, restaurants, and cafes to discover along the way. Some of the most notable sites include the Arab Baths, the Palau de l’Almudaina and the Plaça Major.
- Bellver Castle: This 14th-century castle is located on a hill just west of the city and provides a great viewpoint to see the city and the sea. Inside, you can see the history of the castle and a small art museum.
- The Almudaina Palace: This palace is located just next to the Cathedral, and it was built by the Moors during the 13th century. The palace has been beautifully restored and now it is a museum with stunning gardens and the stunning palace interior open to visitors.
- Parc de la Mar: This park is located on the edge of the old town and offers great views of the sea and the city. There are also several restaurants and cafes here where you can sit and enjoy a meal or a drink.
- Promenade :This is a walkway by the sea, where you can enjoy the view of the sea and the boats, and it’s especially beautiful at sunset. It’s a great place to take a stroll, to have an ice cream or a drink by the sea.
- Those are just some of the many highlights of Palma de Mallorca. The city has a lot to offer and is perfect for a Spanish immersion course in Spain!
Interested in a Spanish Course on Palma de Mallorca?
Leave a Reply